Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Test your vocabulary skills


Choose the best adjective out of the two given in each question below:


1.    Sammi didn’t have time to finish the whole exam, so some of her answers were incomplete/deficient.

2.    My father’s new car is really rapid/fast.

3.    The weather forecast wasn’t very accurate/truthful, because they said it would rain and it’s been fine all day.

4.    The noticeable dearth of goal-scoring opportunities means that these are annoying/worrying times indeed for Danby United.

5.    My little brother is so greedy/eager. He’s just finished his fourth banana!

6.    We gave a donation to the charity, partly because the children on their poster looked     so precious/vulnerable.

7.    When we got married my husband promised that he would always be dependable/faithful to me.

8.    I like the new cushions on your sofa, they’re lovely/lovable.

9.    I believe if you want something in life badly enough you should be powerful/persistent and never give up until you’ve reached your goal.

10.  This isn’t the finished version of my essay. I always write a rough/clean draft first.

11.  Some critics haven’t enjoyed Spielberg’s later films, such as The Terminal and AI, finding them a little too sentimental/extreme.

12.  James proposed to Maria at Gina’s party on Saturday. He got down on one knee and everything! It certainly made for a spectacular/memorable evening.

13.  When I told my boss that I needed two weeks off to visit my sick grandmother in Mexico, she wasn’t very sympathetic/acceptable. Probably because she knows I don’t have any relatives in Mexico.

14.  Jenna doesn’t like her curly/floppy hair, but she’s too lazy to straighten it.

15.  “Jas, that skirt is horrendous! No one will ever find you remotely pleasant/attractive if you go outside wearing that!” counselled Jas’s best friend, Mandy.

You will find the answers in the first comment.
 For more activities on English check this site:
http://www.englishbanana.com/

1 comment:

  1. Answers:


    1. incomplete

    2. fast

    3. accurate

    4. worrying

    5. greedy

    6. vulnerable

    7. faithful

    8. lovely

    9. persistent

    10. rough

    11. sentimental

    12. memorable

    13. sympathetic

    14. curly

    15. attractive

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...